The Foundation » View topic - In defence of KIRAD and a short statement from Rik and Simon

In defence of KIRAD and a short statement from Rik and Simon

Want to discuss your conversions? Have a question about something? Want to talk about the show in general? This is the place to be.

**This forum is for the discussion of Knight Rider conversions and Knight Rider in general only**

Moderator: Moderators

In defence of KIRAD and a short statement from Rik and Simon

Postby tim_lockhart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:52 pm

In writing this I am no doubt inviting Trouble onto my door but feel the need to make a few points and allow the KIRAD guys to reply to the accusations made against them.

Firstly everything I've had from the guys has been spot on. My overhead fits like a dream so don't know where th idea that its crap has come from.

Secondly when the animals at TNT broke my dash shell I didn't go crying to Rik demanding a new one.....I took it up with the courier who apparently think its fine to stand on customers items as there were scuffs and footprints all over the packaging when my dash arrived. All couriers are clearly retarded lazy jobs worths as I have had other things unrelated to knight rider damaged in the post before.

A lot of this is all relative. The original poster could be lying through his teeth and trying to get KIRAD to send another despite fully knowing it was damaged a) by the courier alone or b) by the body shop. Just saying. Don't assume he's not the guilty party.

Anyway I'll no doubt be banned for voicing an opinion but sometimes needs must. Ad now here is the reply from KIRAD themselves

"Wasn't referring to past customers in the slightest. As for the packaging....If a courier damages a part it is THEIR responsibility and duty of care. You don't have too be a rocket scientist too figure that one out. That is why you take out additional insurance to cover the cost. Bubble wrap has been a time proven material for many years without any issues. Cardboard as you speak of is just as easy to damage if you get some moron throwing it around or standing on it or stacking on it whether it be at the depot or in the van. This is just another avenue too slate us when the grievance is with said courier as it was in their care.

Finished defending something that was NOT our fault. Nothing we say will be taken as an "oh yes your actually right" because of the bias attitude of you Mr McDonald. You've chased many a vendor off haven't you now?
the only proven bully is you McDonald this is fact also we weren't able to reply to this due to dictator McDonald banning us before we are able to reply and show up the pathetic attempt to slander us ."
tim_lockhart

Re: In defence of KIRAD and a short statement from Rik and S

Postby Pete » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm

tim_lockhart wrote:All couriers are clearly retarded lazy jobs worths as I have had other things unrelated to knight rider damaged in the post before.

Really? I take offense to that remark. I work at FedEx. F You and the Biatch you rode in on :annoyed:
(K.i.t.t.) "The officer may be trying to meet his daily ticket quota in a
somewhat irregular manner."
(Michael) "Bum wrap or not, I'm not taking a citation for your driving."
Pete

Postby Raven » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:55 pm

You aren't going to be banned for that Tim, that said however, anyone who thinks that Bo just willy nilly bans anyone for no reason is sadly mistaken we take banning seriously and as an administrative team the choice to eliminate the Kirad guys from this community was quite unanimous I assure you.

Calling potential customers idiots is just plain stupid and far from sound business practice. I myself am glad your experience with them went smooth, however far too many cases were reported where that was not the case. They are not welcome here based on their actions and the reported lack of quality of their parts. If you happened to be an exception to that, great. It's always awesome when a conversion builder gets to have their dream that much closer to reality.

But, that still will never change the fact that they will never be approved for vendor status here or recommended by pretty much anyone here. Nor are such behaviors (I am aware of cases of physical threats for example, calling customers idiots in the more recent appearance etc) welcome here.
Raven - Director of The Foundation

"Do or do not, there is no try"
Raven
Site Admin/Director

Postby tim_lockhart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Apologies I was too generalised in my slating. i know this sounds like a back pedal but the companys I have used and never had fault with would be UPS and Fed Ex - so apologies to you mate, no offence meant to you - fed ex do a bang up job tbf and have delivered things to me numerous times quickly and smoothly. As have UPS.

TNT however I watched a documentary on and they were filmed throwing/standing/kicking and generally abusing peoples parcels. There was a similar documentary on Parcel Force which was truly shocking!!! TNT never did admit they stood on my dash but thats by the by. USPS aint too swell tho either tbh

Now a days in the UK I use DHL, Yodel or Hermes.

Again sorry I wish i had been more specific
tim_lockhart

Postby battlestarboomer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Is that Tim, knightreplicas (k*r*d) admin? lol...
battlestarboomer

Postby BoMcD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm

It's not slander if it's true. We have seen the email threats, and talked personally to those "pathetic idiots" that just want what they were promised.

Is that Tim, knightreplicas (k*r*d) admin? lol...

Yes.
His is not an unbiased opinion.

As far as the banning goes... I am tired of the bull from these people.
They copy joao's nose, Jacob Wyatt's Dash... (By way of Rob Louisell)

MY TV FRAMES.. (Yes, I know you sell them. I know what my own work looks like and have had them in my hands too.)

So we definitely reserve the right to show recasters the door.

Really? I take offense to that remark. I work at FedEx. F You and the Biatch you rode in on

He meant it, Pete. Apparently they can't/won't accept responsibility for crap packaging their stuff or bad work and it seems historically it's always someone elses fault. It's not Fed Ex's job to pack.
Any semblance of offer to repair it was never even offered. Just "Too Bad" we "wrapped" it now it's your problem.

A lot of this is all relative. The original poster could be lying through his teeth and trying to get KIRAD to send another despite fully knowing it was damaged a) by the courier alone or b) by the body shop. Just saying. Don't assume he's not the guilty party.

Rik and Simon slagged the guy on their facebook page.
Great vendor relations...

They (KIRAD) received a call from a lawyer this week.
This guy is not messing around. If he was lying I doubt he would go to the trouble to hire a solicitor.
I am being kept in the loop about how things are going.
And I will report what happens now that you have made it an issue.

It's best they just not worry about any endorsements from us.
BoMcD
Admin

Postby tim_lockhart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Yes I am an admin, as I am a good friend of Riks through the high levels of service and help and support he has given me since I joined this hobby (which tbh I am now considering leaving as its become a very unpleasant experience with some people but luckily made good by a select few I consider genuine friends)

Rik doesn't sell tv frames that I know of, he made a prototype but that's it it never went into production.

And as for jaos nose, I'm not even gonna go down that road.
tim_lockhart

Postby tim_lockhart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Oh and a LOT of the behind the scenes politics seems to be hidden from public view on all the forums, and I know I'm not alone (including some people on here who are good friends with Rik n Simon) who don't enjoy continuingly reading negative things about friends
tim_lockhart

Postby BoMcD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Well maybe if they got people their stuff on time and in one piece, didn't mislead people with what they are buying, keep money for ages, and people weren't physically scared of Simon "making that short drive" to beat up someone, maybe they wouldn't be the subject of all this attention.

You are free to associate with whomever you choose, if you like Rik and Simon, then great... but when people start lining up to tell us all the crap they have had to endure over the last 2 years, we do take notice.

And as far as their friends.. it seems some of them are getting tired of multiple years of the promises with no parts delivered and are asking questions... behind those same scenes.

And as far as politics.. welcome to the hobby.
BoMcD
Admin

Postby battlestarboomer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Admin,

this has just been turned into a promo piece for these recasters and their shills...K*r*d were banned here years ago after being outed as recasters of others parts - more than once over the years?

As for "And as for jaos nose, I'm not even gonna go down that road."...

well if the cap fits, tie it nice and tight under your chin :-)

Can this K*r*d hijacked 'sales and sympathy' piece be closed now?

And now for something completely different...
battlestarboomer

Postby BoMcD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Agreed..

We are done with this...

So.

KIRAD.. or rather Rik Pearce and Simon Napier of knightreplicas.co.uk are not, have not and will not be approved, trusted or recommended vendors for our friends in the UK and Europe.

For those needs, we definitely recommend Joao and Knight Passions...

http://knightpassions.net/
BoMcD
Admin

Return to General Conversion/Knight Rider Discussions