The Foundation » View topic - The FLAG Semi Model has surfaced

The FLAG Semi Model has surfaced

**This forum is for all other discussions not related to Knight Rider & Knight Conversions**

Moderator: Moderators

The FLAG Semi Model has surfaced

Postby renrat » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm

I see that someone has bought the model of the FLAG Semi that Jack Sessums sold a number of years ago. I asked him about it in one of my conversations with him, but he couldn't remember where it ended up.

I have made an attempt to contact the new owner to get his premission to post the pictures of it here on the board, as I would prefer not to do so without his permission.

It's nice that it has been liberated from the crate it has sat in for years. Hopefully it can now be seen by all of us.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason
renrat

Re: The FLAG Semi Model has surfaced

Postby Raven » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Cool, let us know how you make out with that. Its always nice to see those goodies.
Raven - Director of The Foundation

"Do or do not, there is no try"
Raven
Site Admin/Director

Postby renrat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Okay, I have recieved permission to post pictures of this incredible model that has survived the decades. It puts to shame the KITT miniature that a few of us have because this is the one and only miniature of the FLAG semi that the late Jack Sessums ever created. And to the best of my knowledge, was only used in 2 episodes in the 3rd season, "KITT vs KARR" and "Ten Wheel Trouble"

These pictures are not exclusive, they are up elsewhere, but we have the kind permission of the miniatures owner to have them here.

Enjoy

to give you a scale, that is a Sessums 1/8 KITT you see along with the semi, and apparently the model is around 7 FEET long.

My thanks again to Thomas, the miniatures new owner, for being gracious enough to allow me to put these pictures up for you all to see.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason
renrat

Postby LuvKITT » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:10 pm

That's totally cool. Thanks for posting the pics!
Julie
LuvKITT

Postby bucksanass1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Wow totally cool I want one for Christmas lol
bucksanass1

Postby AZKNIGHT » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:35 pm

It's a beaut! I love seeing this kind of stuff and owners who love sharing it with the world rather than hiding it away. And a special nod to Renrat for contacting the owner for permission...that's class!
Check out my conversion in progress at http://www.azknightindustries.com.
AZKNIGHT

Postby scatpack01 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am

That is some attention to detail. Anyone have any screen caps of the model. I don't remember a model of the trk.
thanks for posting
scatpack01

Postby renrat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:12 pm

yes... here are model shot from the only two episodes I can find the model of the FLAG truck used, both in the 3rd season

Ten Wheel Trouble

Kitt Vs Karr

As for asking permission I hate it when people use my pics without asking first, so if I expect people to respect my wishes I need to do the same, otherwise I'm a hypocrite. And we have enough of those in Washington :annoyed:
renrat

Postby scatpack01 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 pm

hey Renrat, is that you on KRO? I seen the same post over there.

I found a real Dorsey trailer I wish I could have bought to make a real FLAG semi.
scatpack01

Postby renrat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes, that's me. I went there looking for information on the FLAG semi. I was told about it by Mark Puette, so he deserves the credit for finding out about it... he definitely has his eyes out there more than I do these days. I just did the work to get the pictures here for those folks who don't go on KRO.

Jacvk had told me about the semi model, but he had long since sold it and didn't know where it had gone.

You know the sad thing is I have pictures of the inside of Jack Sessums shop, and I can identify several of the miniatures there, including the front end loader that drops KITT into the acid pit and a truck from one of the "Smokey And The Bandit" movies. There were many other things the history of I can't even begin to guess. And according to Dale Persh, he still had tons of stuff that was used in Knight Rider. It all went into storage after Jack passed, and the fate of all those wonderful toys is not currently known. They're either still in storage or have been sold off, we don't know. In fact, Dale had been given several of the things from KR, but they were too big for him to take on an airplane, and he was unable to get them shipped in time. Had Dale gotten those things, you can be sure he would have shared them with us all, as that is the kind of guy he has always been
renrat

Postby scatpack01 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:27 pm

I agree, thanks Mark. I like reading about this stuff.
scatpack01

Postby renrat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:58 pm

No. Jack told me Goliath is gone. that model was re-purposed... don't know if the model in whatever form survived, and even if it did, it would be locked up or long since sold to someoen who would not know what it was.
renrat

Postby Knightman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:18 pm

so kitt could be a hard top too...
cool pics
Knightman

Postby ken0hki » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 am

Here is a thought. I have a Tamiya Globe Liner RC truck that I turned into Optimus Prime. Why couldn't someone do the same thing with it and make a Goliath? Or use the King Hauler truck to make the FLAG semi? I think it is a close enough match.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=56301

5.7 Litre (L98) enginge + B&M Supercharger + Knight Rider setup = Baddest Trans AM in Japan!!!
ken0hki

Postby Hectorson3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 am

That Foundation Semi looks like its frozen in time.

Save Knight Rider!!!!!!!
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html

KITT: Scat! Skiddadle!
*Croc hisses*
KITT: Adios! Arivaderci!
*Croc hisses and comes closer*
KITT: CHAO! ALOHA! Bug Off!
Hectorson3

Return to Off Topic